Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nothing exciting to Report


We had a great Christmas season but things are deffinatly slowing down. Looking for a job has become a major priority for Mike. Annabelle is busy learning her alphabet and singing almost ALL the time! The novelty of snow is starting to wear off as temperatures drop but I need to get a few more sledding days in with Annabelle before I say that I am sick of it.





Mike went to California earlier this week to interview for a job making . . . cheese! He has had another interview here in Utah with a different company. Of course we'll let you know when we make a final decision - probably not for a while yet.


I am excited to announce that for the first time since probably 1999 I finished reading a novel that wasn't an assignment! The book club in my ward is reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. I had heard about the book before and it took a lot of self-control to read the book in a week. I think a 24 hour period would have been my first choice. I had forgotten how hard it can be to put a good book down! I am not necissarily reccommending the book because there were a few parts that made me cry a little more than I'd like to admit - but if sad and even haunting literature doesn't affect you then maybe you can handle reading it :) I'm not sure what book I will read next and I am open to suggestions so long as the book isn't so intense that I won't be able to sleep at night because I am so worried about the characters. I'm a little hypersensitive I guess.

7 comments:

Curt Alan Smith said...

My goodness, Annabelle is sooo cute. I cant believe we both live in Provo/Orem and we have never meet her. We need to get together sometime before Mike gets some big wig job making cheese and lots of money.

Andy and Melissa said...

That video of Annabelle is adorable. She has me cracking up over here.

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

So stinkin cute!! I love your pictures, I love your movies, I love your words.... and the picture of Anna in mikes ocat needs to be blown up huge and posted ina museum of cuteness... I love it. (and yes I know that was dramatic) Love you!

Amy said...

Very fun highlights! I can't believe how big she is getting. Just her own little person now! BTW on a good book to read. I finished The Thirteenth tale. It was pretty good and kept me interested. It does have a few parts that made me unsure of where the book was headed. It was a pretty fast read too, for a time crunch!

whit said...

Don't read Atonement, too intense, couldn't put it down. I loved the Kite Runner. I didn't know Mike was a dairy man...

Jennifer said...

ha ha ha , Annebell is so cute!!!

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

I could just eat annabelle up. I loooove these videos.

I really enjoyed The Kite Runner. Edward balled like a baby. (Sissy) I don't think the movie could be as amazing as the book though.

What types of books are you into?

One of my favorite non-fiction books is "Red China Blues" that's about a Chinese Canadian that goes to China during the Cultural Revolution... it's a pretty phenomenal book.

For sci-fi (old school) I really love "Fahrenheit 451" and "1984." Both very thought provoking, fabulous imagery and just plain weird.

For children's fantasy I really love the first 2 books of the "His Dark Materials" Series... but "The Golden Compass" is by far one of the most fantastical children's fantasy stories I ever read. It's up there with "The Hobbit," "The Black Cauldron," and almost alongside "Harry Potter."

Anyway...enough of me blabbing.

Miss you guys!

ps. What are your recommendations for books to read?