Saturday, July 26, 2008

Settled In

I would have to say that we are pretty much settled in and getting back into the rhythm of regular life again. Mike has been working for almost a month and is getting the hang of it. I thought it was funny that Mike's mentor referred to him as an intern for the first little bit. Mike is working in product quality, which means he just helps deal with something different everyday. Beyond that . . .  you'd have to ask him.
Annabelle and I are finding things to do. We like to swim a lot. Most often we enjoy an after dinner swim when we can avoid the sun and get that last bit of energy out before bed time. 
Last week I got a new hair straightener and Annabelle understood that I have straight hair and that hers is curly, so after some persuasion I straightened her hair - or what I could with the straightener on low heat (I was worried about damaging her light wispy hair). She thought it was pretty funny, it looks more wavy than anything else. Take a look:
Curly
Brushed out and Frizzy
"Straightened"

We are starting to get our footings as far as local things to do. We have enjoyed the local library. I never knew that I felt like I needed to finish a book regardless of whether or not I have enjoyed it, but after a few uninteresting reads I found one I liked and finished it is 2 days. It is 'The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks (author of The Notebook, Message in a Bottle and A Walk to Remember). After that read I picked up "Dear John" but have put off starting to read it so that I make sure I am spending some time with Mike this weekend. I really get sucked in.
There is also a local toy store that has an open play time for 2 hours on 2 mornings a week. We have gone once and it was pretty crazy and after 2 hours their store was in major need of some organization but it was really fun for the kids and I even got to meet some other Moms. 

11 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I can't believe that Anna sat still long enough to let you do that! It looks prety different all straight! Cute!

Sounds like fun that a toy store has open play time, I have never heard of such a thing. Glad that they did not make everyone help clean up!

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Everytime I see pics of Annabelle I feel like I'm overdosing on cuteness. Your family pretty much rocks....

As for my family... well... Edward is just plain weird.

Miss you guys.

dreamkas said...

nooooo leave those cute curls alone you mean mom!!!!!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Oh I have to interject: Annabelle is the one who was persuading me! I didn't want to do it but she really wanted to try it.

Leigh Harris said...

I am so glad that you guys are settling in well and finding fun things to do. Annabelle is just gorgeous in these pics...we love the curly hair the best Anna!

Amy said...

k so are her curls ok now? Lisa my sis did that to Alli's hair. It was on low heat (her hair was curly but not as much as Anna's) and it is now only wavy instead of the ringlets it used to get. So I am curious how her hair is looking? I am glad to hear you are doing well! Thanks for the phone number the other day too!!!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

I was a little nervous - but before Annabelle went to bed she ran around and got sweaty and it was back to curly.

alma and nicole smith said...

haha, i just love anna. her face is so funny in that last picture. i'm glad you guys are getting used to being there and finding fun things to do. we miss you, and hope we can end up close to you!! are we going to be able to see you during our layover on the 17th??

JA and co. said...

She's so cute! I'm sure every mother wishes her kids had Annabelle's hair...

Sara Lee said...

Hey girl every time I see pictures of Anna I just want to cry because I miss her... or maybe it is the pregnancy. Definitely stick with the curls. oh yeah call me cause I think I accidentally deleted your number and i want to catch up.

The Peterson's said...

I think she is cute with cury or straight hair!! I still have not made it to the pool yet with cairo. I don't want to get into a swimsuit yet, in public!