Sunday, August 17, 2008

He is Home!


My little brother David returned from his mission to Peru this month and so  Annabelle and I went home for 10 days. Mike, Adam (my older brother) and his wife Trudy  {who is pregnant - hip hip hurray} were all able to join us for the weekend that David spoke in church. We had a great trip, spent lots of time with family and it was cool enough I even put on my sweatshirt a few times (rain in 60 degree weather). Here are some highlights:


David coming home of course was the main event of my time spent in Colorado. At first he seemed to be a little uncomfortable around us, I think because we are a lot louder and rowdier than the polite Peruvians he has been living with but he got used to us and caught up on sleep (due to layovers and canceled flights I think he traveled for about 30 hours). 


Annabelle warmed up to him after a few days and asked me a few times if he was going back to Peru or not. I was glad to inform her that he was not, his plans now are to return to BYU and work on a degree in Bio-informatics (sp?).

My grandma, Nona if you have met her, came up with the idea of taking Annabelle to the North PoleThe North Pole is a little amusement park up in the mountains west of Colorado Springs. It is perfect for younger kids with fun rides and no lines. And because it is in the mountains the temperatures are nice in the summer and not too crowded. 


Although Annabelle wasn't afraid of the crazy fast and twirling rides or even the ferris wheel (the world's highest, by the way) She wouldn't sit on Santa's lap! And they had a really good, white bearded, blue twinkling eyed Santa available. Oh well!

Over the weekend that the ENTIRE McKean family was in town we went on a hike to a spot we have hiked to since I was probably only a year old. And of course had to take the opportunity to get some professional family pictures taken.


Went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo . . .



And of course we had some good down time to play with Grandparents. At the McKean house that meant eating ALL of the raspberries out of the garden each morning. And at the Sherwood's that meant either reading dozens of books or taking a quick little dip in the fountain with Papa Zeke.


5 comments:

faith said...

looks like a great time! i love when all the family can get together. very nice family picture!

Marcos and Noelle Perez said...

aww, I miss colorado! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm glad your bro is home, maybe I will see him around campus. What a good idea to take annabelle to the north pole... we are gonna have to do that when we go back!

Unknown said...

First of all, I think you would be the perfect travel agent selling a trip such as this. With simple, fun details, ADORABLE pictures, and words that leave you wanting a little bit more, so why not just try it myself?
(of course I may be partial to the area and people of this particular situation)

Second I may be a little behind here but never realized how identical Adam and David look. Its so crazy!!!!

I can't get over the picture from your last post, and now i have added the one of anna smelling th purple flower. I am so so so glad that you had such a good time. And I spoke to kristin, and we think you should catch a flight out here next!

Ingunn said...

The north pole seems like fun! We want to go there. Ia wonders if you can give Annabelle a great big hug from her :-)

Amy said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait for my little brother to get home in January! Your pictures are adorable as always and Annabell is as cute as ever!