Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Making Halloween, Making Halloween . . . "

As I'm sure many of your houses are in a spin of Halloween preparation, we are also getting ready. I tried and tried to convince Annabelle to let me make her up in this chicken costume from the Martha Stewart website
But after about a month I still couldn't convince her, and Annabelle never wavered with her desire to be a cat. So I gave in. Cute, determined kid! So we've got the cat costume put together now.
 
The funny thing is that she loves dogs and is usually really scared of cats!

Last night we carved our pumpkin. Looks A LOT like last year's design, I guess Annabelle's picks for what shape the nose and eyes should be took root at an early age.
 
With the weather being so warm here we've decided to keep it on our kitchen table until later in the week. I wouldn't want to bake it!
My favorite part of it all is baking the pumpkin seeds, soo yummy. Last year I discovered a Worcestershire sauce recipe and stuck with that again this year. Perhaps it these will be our new traditions: Star eyes on our Jack o lantern and baking our seeds with Worcestershire sauce. Some traditions are designed on purpose. Others are born because the holiday is just better that way.
Have a safe and fun Halloween!

11 comments:

faith said...

that looks great! the costume and pumpkin. i love that picture of annabelle where she looks so grossed out by the pumpkin innards. very cute.

dreamkas said...

if cats are scary to her sounds like a perfect halloween costume..scarey!!!

The Fox Family said...

fun fun! I love the kitty cat!!! But keep trying to talk her into the chicken for next year...so adorable!! happy haloween!

The Peterson's said...

So cute. I love that cat costume! Cairo is going to be a frog. I am excited for my 1st Halloween with a kid!

Sue said...

Annabelle makes a beautiful kitty cat! Hey, we need a cat at the lakehouse to keep away the mice...Annabelle would you come be Aunt Sue and Uncle Stans kitty cat?

Jenn said...

That's so funny that she loves dogs and wanted to be a cat. That chicken outfit is sooo funny too! p.s. i love the prego pic! hehe!! Maybe if I get daring at the end I'll show a prego belly pic. we'll see. :) happy halloween!

Jess C. said...

nice! I didn't get a Halloween this year, but I still carved pumpkins before I left, both took a LONG time. One was Sarah Palin's face, lots of carving and shaving, and the other was the Deathstar from Star Wars, I should have pictures up soon. Yours looks great! I also baked all the seeds, I used a worcestershire sauce recipe too, and then I just did salt and vinegar for the other half

Unknown said...

Her costume is so cute! I love the headband! And I love the star eyes on the pumpkin... I must admit I have never seen that before! How original anna!

grandma Shauna said...

Annabelle is the cutest kitty I have ever seen, I can see why she won a prize. The pumpkin goo face looks like what Uncle Sam used to make. Mike loved to touch the stuff!

whit said...

Cute Kitty Kitty! My favorite part is the seeds, too. I miss seeing you at get togethers!

Amy said...

Happy Halloween! It looks like it was fun and festive!