Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Not Pointing Any Fingers . . .

. . . but sometimes I identify with the lazy chef mentality. Food can be delicious and satisfying but I don't always feel like making dinner, let alone making it from scratch. I'm not pointing any fingers but maybe someone else reading this can relate. That is why I was thrilled to find that my friend Rachel and her awesome sisters had started a recipe blog entitled 'Forced to Cook'. Each sister has been blessed with and developed many talents, but enjoying the cooking process is not one of them. But now they are married and supporting their little families and hard working husbands requires a little culinary effort.
So far my favorite recipe has been Chicken Tamale Casserole. We have made it 3-4 times already. So so good. I recently passed along a few of my favorite recipes that I would consider minimal effort, maximum results. I got them from my sisters-in-law, so you know they're good.
Anyway, next time you are making up a dinner menu before you go to the grocery store or just at ends of what to make for dinner, check it out. It has become one of my most visited recipe blogs.

7 comments:

Rosalia said...

Did dad tell you I didn't want to cook last night? :)

Jessi said...

thanks! -- you know I am there with ya! its just hard to get things rolling! thanks for sharing! I am excited to check it out!

Amy said...

Yum cant wait to try some!

Rachel said...

You should become a regularly contributing author! Born to craft...forced to cook!

Sarah McK said...

Woohoo!!! Chicken Tamale Casserole is my favorite as well. Thanks, Laura!

Laura said...

Hey Tia! I am so glad you like that recipe. :) I am always so nervous about posting. And I made your black bean in the crock pot chicken tonight and almost died it was so good. We shredded it up and put it in burritos with sour cream and cheese. Delish!

Rachel is right . . . you SHOULD join our ranks. I will even make you a cute apron for the side bar if you want. :)

Growing Up Skye said...

Thanks so much for sharing this blog! I can't wait to try some of the recipes on it!