Friday, April 15, 2011

New Lens = Instant Gratification

Mike's other birthday present came in the mail yesterday, a new lens. The kids and I were in the backyard when he came home with it and was ready to try it out. I can't believe the amazing shots he got of the kids who were just standing on the porch. The technique he used is called "high key".

My beautiful girl! 

In case you didn't know, this boy stole my heart.


And my baby. I just can't get enough of this chubby, happy little guy.




 For any of you curious photographers, this is how Mike described his process: "I had the kids standing in the shade, in front of a wall that was in the sunlight. I used the pup up flash, which limits the shutter speed to 1/180 of a second. This makes the sunlit was go to bright with, which makes for some fun images in the style called high key."
Yeah, I married a photographer stud.






No comments: