Sunday, May 23, 2010

First Hair Cuts

That's right, our kids are growing up! (Sniff, sniff)
Annabelle and Asa got their first haircuts together a couple of weeks ago. Annabelle's hair had never been cut and for the last 2 years or so it seemed that it didn't really get longer, just bigger.Here is her before shot:
I felt a little torn about trimming Asa's hair because it needed a little more length so that we could see whether or not it was going to be curly. But . . . the shagginess around the edges was just looking messy, so I went for it. Here is his before shot:
Annabelle was nervous that she would FEEL her hair being cut. Afterwards she exclaimed, "That didn't hurt at all!" Too cute.
Her hair turned out a little shorter than I was anticipating, but I got the eternally tangled ends off and over all it looks healthier, we might just have to wait a while to get it back into a pony tail. But most importantly - She likes it :)
Asa's haircut went a lot smoother than I anticipated. He loved standing up looking through the chair at a very helpful Sister. She kept him happy and distracted while I trimmed up around his ears and neck.
I didn't take any off the top, just the sides and back. But here is his final result:
I don't know that I'll always cut my kid's hair, but it was fun this time. They put up with me and at this age they can't point out any of the flaws!

10 comments:

faith said...

Great job, Tia! I have loved cutting our boys' hair. This age is a great time to practice! I hope you keep it up.

Sara Lee said...

She is looking more and more like you!

The Peterson's said...

Love her hair! Then again I am a fan of Curly hair! They look Good!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

you are a brave woman!! they look awesome! did a great job!

Jess C. said...

Good job! They both look great. I'm in love with Annabelle's hair, it's so cute!

Amy said...

Impressive! I think you did a great job!

Unknown said...

You did a fantastic job!! Neither of my kids have had their hair cut yet either... so... you may inspire me. But probably not for a while. I am a wimp about it. Annabelle's hair is way too cute!

Jessie's Jargon said...

Is there anything you don't do? You are so talented! Their haircuts look great! :)

Paige said...

I sure miss that little dancer. . .sigh.

alma and nicole smith said...

haha, i love anna's hair! i don't cut anyones hair, alma does...so good job. i would have no idea what i was doing. that little rattail of asa's was so funny :)