Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ZNP

About a month ago we met up with Mike's older (but much younger looking) brother Sam and his sweet family at Zion National Park. This was our second time camping in Zion. The weather was beautiful. The company even better and the kids slept under the Watchmen Tower like rocks.
Sam shares the Sherwood trait of loving photography
{his Zion pictures can be seen here and here}
and the love of being outdoors but he has a special love of taking pictures of people taking pictures.
{as seen here}
In a way he makes up for me not ever remembering to take pictures of Mike. Thanks Sam!
My favorite hike this time around, was to the mouth of the narrows. Last time the water was too high and the temperatures too low for us to enjoy it much. This time my sis, Kristin, and I supervised the cousins playing in the water for about an hour and eventually had to defend our territory against some fairly aggressive squirrels that had noticed Asa's tendency to drop his popcorn as he ate it. Don't worry - Sam showed up just in time to save us by chasing them off with a stick!
Annabelle and her cousin Isaac are pretty close in age and get along really well. Isaac supplied their conversations and games with plenty of ideas as he has one of the best imaginations and Annabelle of course gave direction to their activities with her sass and 'nurturing' side :D
This is Isaac in front of the rock formation that is also named Isaac.
Asa loved all the time outside, he was frequently dirty and almost as frequently in search of dogs. He couldn't quite figure out how to communicate "squirrel" so those became dogs as well.

I loved chatting with Kristin and watching the kids play. One of my favorite places to go camping!

You can check out Mike's picture from the trip here if you are interested.

3 comments:

Rosalia said...

Love your new posting and Mike's pictures. In my unbiased opinion, you have cute kids!!

The Peterson's said...

I love Zions! It looks like you had a great time!

Growing Up Skye said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm hoping we can get down to Zion sometime this winter! I can't believe you can still go camping! I was so dang uncomfortable while pregnant, we couldn't ever go camping! I think you are super woman! It's good to see what you guys are up to!