Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Goose-Egg


Just for the record: No one was ever "kicked over" as Annabelle 'remembered'. We were enjoying a pillow fight while Annabelle jumped on the bed . . . let's just say she got a little disoriented and jumped into a wall. Her forehead swelled to the size it is in these pictures in about 15 second. I told Mike we needed to go to the Emergency Room. I almost started crying. He continued to assure me that this is what a "goose-egg" looked like. With my limited medical knowledge I ran brain swelling scenarios through my mind - trying to decide if she would need a CAT scan before they took a piece of her skull off to relieve the brain swelling and therefore limit the brain damage. I thought the hospital would accuse us of abuse, we'd have to try to explain to the police what had happened while our sweet girl was in surgery. Luckily Mike sounded very confident that this deformed swelling on her forehead was a safe reaction to a bonk on the melon. Within a few minutes she was back to normal and gave us her version of the story!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I was laughing so hard reading this! I could totally imagine that scenario going through your head, Tia! I'm glad to know her goose egg went down promptly!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I cannot believe the size of that thing!!!! I know that we saw how badly the briusing was in the aftermath of everything-- but oh my, my, my!!! I have been a much bigger weenie about much, much smaller gooseeggs in my time! What a tough little girl for the worlds largest and quiest goosegg! You should enter the genueiss book of world records "Largest Goosegg, Happiest Girl." you could totally be in the book! Annabelle, your a rockstar!

The Fox Family said...

hahaha! i LOVE that she say's you kicked her! hahah. That thing is huge...i didnt imagine it that big! thanks for the welcome to the blogging world....i may need some help on a few things! ahha

whit said...

You can actually see the goose egg growing while she is talking. Next time you kick her over, make sure it is in a padded room, geesh!

Hksedwick said...

Hey Guys! I was looking at the Bennion's blog and saw you on here. I LOVE this story. I am glad you didn't have to go to the ER and have some of annabelle's skull removed. haha.