Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spanish Fork Peak


Mike and my brother, Adam have been enjoying this record breaking winter by dedicated their spare Saturday's to getting out and into it. Their latest adventure was snowshoeing up Spanish Fork Peak. As you can see there was plenty of snow. They were the first ones up that way since the last few storms and were breaking trail the whole way up. After loosing the trail and wearing themselves out they decided to call it a day. Mike said that the area reminded him of Colorado because of all the pine trees.

On their way out, about a half a mile from road they ran into a guy hiking in waders who asked if there was any open water up ahead. They explained how to get to the small pool where they had crossed. The guy thanked them and said "I just need to let my bugs out". Whatever that means.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

That guy sounds like a hard-core fisherman!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

How incredibly beautiful that snow is-- and the boys too! I am going to have to find ways to use that phrase... pretty funny! love you!

DaNiElLe said...

Wow, that seems like so much fun. I bet it was nice for Mike to get away. I am determined to come to playgroup on Thursday! Every Thursday since you mentioned, I either completely spaced it, had my own enrichment activity or one of us was sick, but no excuses, this week I will be there!

Jenn said...

Sad little goose-egg! (I mean BIG goose egg) Ya I've seen plenty of those in my lifetime coming from a huge family and being the oldest.

alma and nicole smith said...

i really love those pictures! alma and i just sat there looking at them. that movie about anna's goose egg is pretty funny. im glad there was no permanent damage...hopefully :)

JA and co. said...

Howdy Sherwoods! I just discovered this on Nichole's website...I love blogging! :) Awesome pictures, by the way...y'all have so much fun.
Alicia

The Fox Family said...

Tia- hey i cant come down tonight. I feel bad i keep ditching out on the servie project. I am going to watch my brother tonight in this dance competition. Sorry! By the way...you need to post something new on your blog..i check like everyday, and nothing! Come on! lol
Tommorow what's going down?