Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Provo

I guess I have kind of been putting off writing because I have wanted to post about our last weeks in Utah but I didn't actually want to talk about it. Is that weird? BYU was always just a stop for us but as I should know by now (from moving 6 times as a kid), that you get attached! Of course we miss our wonderful friends and ward but surprisingly I am also feeling like I miss being on campus and in the bubble (yes I am admitting that). I miss knowing where I am, I miss my routine. We tried to carry on with doing fun and new things before we left Utah so in between getting organized for the movers and cleaning the apartment we went to the SLC temple (we'd never been) and of course we had to try J Dawgs before we left. It was a good thing that we put J Dawgs off until the end or else I'd be eating there with every excuse to eat out I could think of.
 
(speaking of which I know this isn't flattering . . .)

It was great but kind of hard to know that we were saying goodbye as we saw our friends that last week. But it was wonderful and relaxed and the move could not have gone more smoothly! Thanks to all of our wonderful neighbors and friends that watched Annabelle for endless hours as we cleaned - you more than likely saved her life as I mixed toxic chemicals in the bathroom, resulting in a change of color for our tile! We'll miss it, but on to our next adventure I suppose.

3 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

That picture is totally flattering! I love mikes beard! Glad its not on dj though, I don't like kissing him when he is bearded... diiferent flicks for different chicks I guess. I am glad you got to spend time wiht everyoe before you left... not fun at all, this whole moving thing. Glad anna is still alive too... what color did your tile turn?

The Fox Family said...

i really like that picture actually! We miss you guys!

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh...I hated having to move. It is exciting, but so sad too. I had never actually moved away from Family because when I came to BYU, I had all of my extended family there from both of my parents sides. So I almost felt like it wasn't too bad. But then moving to south carolina, it's like - oh man, I don't know anyone, I don't know how to get anywhere...but the good news now is, I have friends and i know how to get to a few important places like walmart and Andy's school... so I feel for you. But I am sure you will love Arizona, and be so glad you're lives brought you there.