Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our First September in Arizona


One thing that we are really loving about September in Arizona is going outside! There are so many wonderful city parks with playgrounds and splash parks and we are beginning to take advantage of them. Our weather is on average 10 to 15 degrees cooler these days. Not hitting 100 EVERY single day of the week has been so nice. This has especially been appreciated since the pool at our apartment complex hasn't been open in over a month! 
We are starting to feel autumn in our own way here. This is the first autumn in over 20 years that neither Mike or I have been starting school and even though we decided not to start preschool yet, we got into the 'back to school' feel with Annabelle starting some little classes of her own. Sometimes I worry that she might be too distracted to listen to and follow directions but I just remind myself that she isn't quite 3 yet and her teachers are probably used to it!
Mike seems to really understanding a lot more at work now. I can tell because he talks in his sleep and most of the time he rambles off some work jargon that goes right over my head. He is busy a lot of the time that he is at work and if he has any down time at work he has his 'green belt' project to work on. This project is a requirement to be 'green belt' certified in a management strategy called Six Sigma. I'm so relieved that he likes what he is doing. I guess the last couple years I've had this little fear that he wouldn't like his field and we'd be back to the student life! But engineering really suits him. I married one smart cookie. 

12 comments:

dreamkas said...

it really sounds like you guys are settling into a rhythm ! good to know that we will also eventually settle into a routine. its been like over 3 months tia..not good! I miss you guys

grandma Shauna said...

I'm glad the cookie you married is smart. I think so too. That granddaughter of ours that lives with you is darn smart too and so pretty. Must take after both her parents!

Jenn said...

Love love LOVE the new hair-do Tia! So cute! It's so nice to take pounds off the shoulder doesn't it? that's what it feels like to me each time at least. I can't believe you guys are still in swimming weather (or are just starting it I guess?) Here I've been wearing sweaters in the evening and it's totally cooled off a lot. Wow amazing how different places have such different weather conditions. You'll have to tell Annabelle I love the flip flops!

Rachel said...

The weather sounds awesome!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Yeah for pools opened after labor day!! Thes pictures are so sweet! I bet it feels nice to get out and play!

The Peterson's said...

We have been enjoying the cooler weather as well! It is funny how life changes. I remember the 1st year I did not have to go to school. As a teacher I go to school but it is different!

Meg said...

Tia, I love your hair. It is so cute. I want so badly to cut my hair but I don't know if I have the guts. And once again, Annabelle is adorable!

Rosalia said...

"Soldier, where's your ammo?"
"Give me your grid!"
"We must account for your weapon."
"Where's your weapon?"

Ahh, husband talks in his sleep; that brings back memories.

mom

Amy said...

hoorraaayyy for being done with school! Wahoo!

Sara Lee said...

So jealous, want to swim. I think Annabelle needs to stop getting taller ;(

Holly said...

I LOVE fall, and I'm glad it's cooling down for you guys in Arizona! I'm glad Mike is enjoying his job too. It's always nice to have a happy husband!

I just wanted to thank you for all of your comments and support on our blog. It really helps knowing there are others out there cheering Tucker on, right alongside of us! Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

we are ging to love your winter in the sun, i got to spend last winter outside and already wanting to di it again! it is to cold already and it hasn't even hit the winter!