Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winter in AZ

So, I am not much of a blogger (this is Mike) but I thought I would let everyone know how life is hear in AZ in the winter time.  The weather is amazing, it has been in the 70's for the last week, and we see nothing but sunshine.  It is vastly different from what we are used to.  I do miss the snow, but it is nice to be able to wear shorts in november, and to hike with only a water bottle and not have to worry about bad weather rolling in.  Sure there are the thoughts of rattle snakes and scorpions, but I have yet to see either.  

Below is a picture of one of the local parks, the cactus (Saguaros) are nearly 30 feet tall. 

 




7 comments:

Sara Lee said...

Mike you should blog more often. Chris wishes s he could be hiking with you.

dreamkas said...

i agree mike you should blog more often. rattlesnakes...scorpions.... knowing me i would see them!!!!!! surprisingly the weather here is a lot better than we thought 55 and above most days we have had a few bad rainy days but hey we were expecting it to be miserable! the idea of swimming at Christmas is very appealing though!

The Peterson's said...

That looks like what I see everyday! Oh... it is. AZ is different then Utah by a long shot!!

The Peterson's said...

That looks like what I see everyday! Oh... it is. AZ is different then Utah by a long shot!!

The Fox Family said...

awww warm weather. I love the new background. Tia i think i am going to ask for a silloutte quickutz machine for christmas. Do you know anything about those? You should check it out they are pretty cool. I would love to hear what you think. miss you!

Unknown said...

how sweet that mike is blogging! That picture is beautiful and I am glad to hear that he is being optimistic and maybe coming to terms with no snow... maybe you will get a white christmas while your here in Colorado!

Amy said...

I think we will be coming to visit you for thanksgiving or christmas, which would you prefer? I will pack a freezer of some snow for you guys if you would like?!