Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Days

It feels like a long time since our house has felt normal! Hurray for slower days :) This week has been nice. Asa came home from the hospital Monday evening and seemed back to himself more and more the longer we were home. He did end up breaking out with little red dots all over his body later in the week, but the pediatrician took a look on Wednesday and said they were probably just the virus working itself out of his skin! They are gone now.
Asa has been smiling a lot more this last month - so instead of posting 4 minutes of smiling videos, I'll just post this one:
Ha ha, I realize you might not really want to listen to us coo over our baby for a minute and a half, so I am not offended if you just skip over the video.
Annabelle and I have been having a good week together. She has been working really hard helping me put the house back together and on Friday we tried doing "Princess Hair". This is the curly version of the french braid 'crown' that my mom used to do with my hair:

It looks a little different dry, she wore it this way to church. She of course would try to avoid eye contact and stiffen her face to avoid smiling when someone mentioned how pretty her hair looked.
Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and phone calls. We are doing just fine, have survived some minor drama and may even meet our insurance deductibles BEFORE the end of the year after all!

8 comments:

Rosalia said...

We are so excited you are coming THIS week. It will be so fun.
Love you,
mom

kaylene said...

LOVED the video! It feels like way too long since we've seen you guys.

P.S. Sorry that my girls were distracting Annabelle during primary yesterday.

Unknown said...

Asa is so precious! I LOVED this video and I can't wait to meet him on saturday! This week better go by fast! Anna, your hair is absolutely gorgeous and you really, really do look like a princess! DOes your mom know how to do fairy hair? ANnica is excited to see you and play princesses and fairies! We love you guys!

grandma Shauna said...

Thank you for a smiling Asa video and the princess hair is perfect for a future Engineer/princess. See you soon!

Growing Up Skye said...

The video of Asa smiling is soooo cute! I think he looks like his Daddy! And Annabelle did look so pretty on Sunday. I didn't know you had done her hair to look like a princess, but that's exactly how I thought she looked when I saw her. I meant to tell, but somehow never got around to it. You can tell her for me if you want!

Rachel said...

I'm glad Asa is okay, and Anna is an absolute DOLL.

The Peterson's said...

Love that hair!! You have such beautiful kids!

MommyN'Bliss said...

Oh here hair is so cute! When Avonlee has more hair you have to show me how!