Friday, October 9, 2009

Fat and Happy



Our Asa is four months old! He still has his happy little disposition. He has learned to fuss but pretty much only does so when he is hungry or tired, which is understandable. He is tickelish. He loves it when we sing to him, especially Annabelle. She is so animated that he gets really excited. He giggles and coos when we talk to him. He loves sitting with us at the dinner table. He'll squawk at us while he watches us eat. He loves kicking and splashing in the tub. He can roll over and is getting sturdier at sitting up. He is at the stage where is wants to put everything in his mouth. If I leave a burp cloth on his lap I'll look over to see him shoving it into his face trying to get a good taste of it. I am convinced that is how he learned to roll over, he was really just trying to get a taste of the floor. He is still pretty snugly which I appreciate.

Asa's most striking feature is his blue eyes. People always seem to comment what a bright blue color his eyes are. I hope the color is here to stay. His dark hair is disappearing for the most part (with the exception of at the nape of his neck). And there is a lot of blonde hair coming in underneath. It is still too fine and light to really capture in a picture but I'm sure in the next few months it will be more visible. Other than that he is just a happy little chub.
We went to his 4 month check-up today. He weighs 17 and half lbs. and is 27.5 inches long. That places him in the 90 and 95 percentiles. I'm allowed to start him on solid foods at this age, but don't feel any real rush to. We'll see, I think he would enjoy it.



Most people say he looks a lot like Mike. I have a hard time seeing features in my own kids. A friend told her husband she thought he looked exactly like Mike and his response was "Yeah, except with less hair, and shorter and fatter." Who knows but I love both of my blue-eyed boys!

12 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

So sweet! I love the pic of him giggling in the bumbo!

Chelsea said...

What a cutie pie!

The Peterson's said...

He is so cute! Wish I still lived there and could come see him for myself! What a doll!

alma and nicole smith said...

i cant believe how much he weighs!! they are getting so big! it seems like we were both still pregnant yeah? hey, call me when you're in town (which i think is today??) if you have time. i know its the big bday bash, but i would love to see you!!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Great pictures of Asa! He really does have such blue eyes!

Sara Lee said...

Well if you want my input his eyes are shaped like yours, especially when he smiles, but the rest is Mike.

Kristin said...

Isaac and I looked at that picture of Asa in his bumbo for ten minutes talking about how cute he is. We sure miss you guys!

Jess C. said...

I wish we could all be fat and happy like Asa! The kids look adorable and I'm glad you guys are doing well. Have a Happy Birthday!!

JA and co. said...

Tia, your kids are SO cute! I love that second picture of Asa (and the one of Anabelle on the last post). Keepers for sure :).

The Fox Family said...

I dont know who he looks like but he sure is cute!!! Have you all set up a studio in your house? These photo's are great!

grandma Shauna said...

Asa,you are fat. I think he is a good combo of both of you. He does not look like Mike did as a baby. He does look like Annaablle though. He is perfectly handsome and we miss him and all of you!

Unknown said...

He's so cute! Our newest is 5 months old, and she has those same blue eyes. Funny thing, but Rebecca had them, and then they turned grey, and now they're starting to turn green. So who knows what color eyes they'll end up with!