Sunday, October 14, 2007

Birthday Bliss

I feel like "The Birthday" this year was as exciting as any major holiday. We had soo much fun! In the morning we went to tumbling and play group. Both are a fairly new part of our schedule, Annabelle refers to her tumbling class as "my school, Annabelle's school" and further clarifies "not daddy's school". She loves it and I love that she is learning to follow structured play, turn taking, following directions, waiting in line and all of that.

Later our friend Sara took us out to lunch at the MOA cafe, it was so delicious. We couldn't park too close so Annabelle and Sara's son Benny had to walk quite a bit before we got there. For a while they were holding hands and Annabelle kept telling Benny (who has been 2 for 5 months now) "Benny I'm 2, I turned 2 Benny! Benny you're 2, you're 2 too!" She was so excited she just kept holding his hand and repeating herself. Benny didn't really seem to care, as soon as they reached the side walk he dropped her hand and announced "ALL DONE!"

Mike came home early from school and took the night off of work. After opening presents we went to the mall to play on "the big playground" and out to eat. We swung by to see some friends before having cake with Adam & Trudy.




It was so fun to spoil Annabelle a bit and to spend THE WHOLE evening with Mike! By the time cake was done Anna needed a bath - while she was playing with her toys in the tub she looked up and me and said "Mom, let's be friends". I have no idea where she learned the phrase but it was so sweet and funny. I laughed so hard. I think she was trying to ask me to play with her.

"The Birthday" was wonderful and I feel like we get to celebrate all over again next week with my Mom when my family comes out!

2 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

i cant believe what a big girl she is!! your day sounded awesome! im glad mike was able to get off work. the things she says are so funny!! i love that she wanted to be friends with you :) give that little mush a squeeze from me. hopefully we will get to see you soon!!

whit said...

She is so unbelievably cute! Will we see you guys this weekend? Happy Birthday to all of you gals.