Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring in the Desert

Spring is officially here and I think summer is right around the corner. This being our first spring in Arizona I wasn't sure what to expect. So far there hasn't been any rain and the flowers have decided to beat the heat and show up in March! Mike of course has taken the opportunity to hike around and photograph them for me (and now you) to enjoy. It is amazing what beauty blooms on some very hazardous looking cacti. 


Another great quality of a warm and early springtime is the visitors. Mike's sister Jessi came down earlier this month with her cute kids Annica and Eli to spend a week thawing out from their frozen Minnesota winter. We had a great time exploring the area, playing, going to the zoo and catching some rays. For a better travel log of their trip, check out Jessi's blog here.
The greatest part of their visit for me (besides playing with my niece and nephew of course) was having Jessi around all day to chat with me. I thought that Annabelle would be in need of a constant playmate after her cousin's left. But within 24 hours I realized I was the one in withdrawal and kept wanting to pick up the phone all day. It was a wonderful week.

Not too much going on otherwise. My pregnancy, like the spring is in 'full bloom', or at least full view as I enter my last trimester. Last week at church a few sisters mentioned that I was finally showing. I have to laugh as this week a brother in the ward mentioned to Mike that I looked as if I was about to pop and asked when my due date was! It's all a matter of perspective I suppose. I feel like I should post a picture but in looking through my most recent photos I don't have one . . . and with my resident photographer in deep slumber on the couch I will just have to rely on my handy computer cam to capture an image. 
For all you curious folks out there: there you have it. My 28 week belly. 
Oh and for those of you who were unaware I have scheduled a c-section to bring this little guy into the world. Annabelle was an emergency c-section and in the last 3 1/2 years I have yet to convince myself that trying out a regular labor and delivery would be a good idea. But it's nice and all planned out. Or perhaps these are just famous last words. We'll see :)

I'm off to enjoy the rest of the evening. I hope springtime is bringing you some form of beauty and if not, hop on a plane and we'll show you around down here.

10 comments:

faith said...

it sure looks like a beautiful spring. and i'm glad your pregnancy is going so well. i'm kind-of sad you're not interested in doing a vbac, though. i am definitely a believer! but i also definitely get wanting to have a nice plan. i'm glad it's all working out.

Rosalia said...

I'm so glad Mike got that camera for Christmas because we get to enjoy lots of wonderful pictures.
You look great Tia Pie.
mom

Amy said...

I love the pictures of Arizona in the spring. I think it is its prettiest time of year! I want to come visit you and leave this dreaded snow! It is the end of March and we have snow! I love your belly. I am so jealous. You look like you stuck a ball up your shirt it is so cute and round! Good luck with the last trimester!

Holly said...

You look so cute! Sometimes I miss being pregnant and having a reason for my belly getting bigger. :) Sorry you have to have another c-section, but that's nice that it'll be all planned out! (hopefully!) My mom had c-sections with all four of us, and after watching me go through a "normal" labor & delivery, she said she'd choose a c-section any day! (So you're probably smart for sticking with what you know best!)

Meg said...

You look great Tia! I hope I can only look as good as you when I'm pregnant. And I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous your enjoying sunny and WARM weather. :) Annabelle looks just darling as always.

Sara Lee said...

What a cute little belly. I love the flower pictures. I think you got a Texas Bluebonnet in there. It is the state flower and one of my favorites. You made me look forward to home. Remember don't be scared, C-sections are the bomb;0)

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Spring really is a beautiful time! I love all the pictures of the flowers... haha and your comparison of your belly and blooms. However.,you do NOT look like your ready to pop! (Your right it must be perspective) You only look pregnant for like two angels... your beautiful! love you guys! and miss you a ton!

The Peterson's said...

You are so cute and just enjoy life the way it is! I love the belly growth picture. We need to get together again sometime!

Lindsay said...

I had a c-section with Owen too! But I actually went for a vbac with Emerson and thankfully, all went well---so Elizabeth was that way too. But I totally know how hard it is trying to decide, because they are so risky. Sometimes I still can't believe I went for it, but I am really glad I did. But I think it just comes down to what you feel is best. Good luck with it all. When are you due?

Sarah McK said...

Congratulations! I can't believe Rachel didn't tell me that you were pregnant! That is wonderful! You have such a cute belly! Just the right size!