Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas . . .

Christmastime is so much fun with a three year old! I can't believe how exciting these last two weeks have been with Annabelle as we have been making our Christmas preparations. We decided to get a real live Christmas tree and even though it is fairly dry these days I don't regret it. Annabelle had a great time decorating it and sits and looks at it every day. 
Last week we spent an entire day wrapping presents, not that it takes that long, BUT when Annabelle and I are doing it together we just take our time. I think her favorite part was designing individual gift tags for each present/person. It was a blast - one of the best days I have ever had as a mom. 
For the last couple of family home evening lessons we have been focusing on teaching Annabelle about Christ's birth. This week we pulled our nativity off the shelf and added each piece as we told the story. I think Annabelle is catching on to what Christmas is all about. She loves singing Christmas songs. Her favorite one this week is "Angels We Have Heard on High" because of the 'glo -o -o -o -o -o -o -o -o - o ria's. I think she listened to it 20 or 30 times on Sunday. Luckily we like that one a lot too. 
I am excited to celebrate Christ's birth and am grateful for this holiday to remind me of what a great gift His life is to me. I hope you all have a bright and wonderful Christmas enjoyed with family, friends and of course good treats!

11 comments:

faith said...

what a great holiday! and how fun that you did a real tree. i don't know if we'll ever do a real one (we found a free pre-lit on craigslist this year!).
glad you had a good thanksgiving, too. those pie pieces are huge! i love it. thanks, again, for the pie recipe. i have to play with the cooking time here in OK. the humidity changes a lot. even so, it was definitely edible and tasty.

The Fox Family said...

TIA! I love the decorations. Nice use of the "joy" letters. oh how i miss those pj's and cap on annabelle. haha merry christmas!

dreamkas said...

yeah im so glad you got a tree!!!!! im glad you are having a fun Christmas season!and have a safe trip home!

Meg said...

I love your decorations and your tree looks so great! That's so cute that Annabelle loves to sing to Christmas songs. I'd love to hear that!

Amy said...

You always know how to make a christmas beautiful whether it be with real trees or paper ones! I remember that Joy from a christmas card, glad to see it put to cute use. Love it!
*I am glad we have something special in common, this will be fun!*

Hannah said...

LOL! Your comment on my blog made me laugh so hard (out loud)! I bet Mike didn't mind my last post, though ... his favorite topic ;-)

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

She looks like a little "who" decorating the tree... no wait, its like the hat in the book "Twas the Night before Christmas" Anyway, its perfect for that picture! and what a beautifully decorated house for christmas! We really miss you! enjoy colorado enough for all of us! ... I love your Ceiling of Joy too! It is really unique and delectable.. ( I can't think of the word I am looking for, so that works for now)

whit said...

I am so happy for your womb and your family!

Jessie's Jargon said...

Tia! I saw your blog on Rach's site. It was fun to see your Christmas pictures! Annabelle has gotten so big! I just created a new blog, you should check it out!
jessieruthjensen.blogspot.com

The Spanns said...

off subject... we got home from TN just the other day and got all our mail... and... CONGRATS!!!! We are SO excited for you!!!!! That is wonderful news!!

dreamkas said...

ok im ready for your vacation update!!!!