Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fever

Friday night Annabelle had a little fever, complained she wasn't feeling well and was all together out of sorts. With a little Tylenol and spoiling she was back to herself Saturday morning. Unfortunately when Asa woke up from a nap on Saturday he felt warm. I checked and sure enough he then had a fever. Since he is so little I knew he needed to be seen, so we went to the Emergency room. They were awesome, saw him right away (and I mean instantly, no waiting) and started doing tests to rule out the most dangerous possibilites. After his chest x-rays and initial blood work came back normal they told me they wanted to keep him over night for observation. They don't have a pediatric unit at that hospital but they let me drive him over to their sister hospital not too far away. So we've been here ever since. He still has a low-grade fever. He has undergone more tests and so far so good. With any luck we'll be going home tomorrow. He seems like himself, just a little fussy when he is on tylenol and semi-miserable when he is not. He is on tylenol right now and is laying on my lap grunting and sticking out his tounge as he studies the half-open blinds.

All of this is mostly just precautionary, so I don't feel especially worried but I'd appreciate if you would keep him in your prayers today. I'll update again tomorrow and let you know how he is doing. Thanks!

7 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry! I'm glad everything is looking okay so far, but that's still no fun to watch your little baby go through all those tests. So sad! I hope everything continues to go well and that you get to go home tomorrow. You'll be in our prayers!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry too Tia. I hope he gets better soon. I can't imagine how stressful that would be. We'll be praying for you.

Kirsten said...

poor little Asa.. I´m sorry.. let me know what happens!

grandma Shauna said...

We love our liitle boy and all of you1

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

You'll be in our prayers. Sickness is never fun, but it is especially stressful with little ones.

alma and nicole smith said...

get better soon little asa!

The Peterson's said...

What a hard day! I hope things are getting better!