Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is this REAL life?


I love this video. Friday was not my most favorite day of my life BUT the kidney stones are out. I really felt like the kid in the video. Soooo out of it. My emotions were everywhere - I remember being so angry, why would they do this to me? when would my head stop spinning? who hurt me? I felt tired and had no ability to remember what was happening. It was like I was waking up over and over again every 5 seconds or so, until we got home from the hospital and I slept it off for a few hours that is. I've been under general anesthesia 3 times before and never took so long to wake up. Anyway, this video totally made my day. I'm considering buying a t-shirt from the website: davidafterdentist.com - I could justify it by saying that some of the proceeds go to a good cause.
Mike said my reactions weren't all together too different from this 7 year olds. Awesome, under the influence the main difference between me and a 7 year old is just replacing his finger and eyes comments with "Why did they do this to me?" groans thrust at odd places in the conversation Mike and I had on the drive home.
I'm doing better now. The stent that was put in during surgery was taken out today and so I am ready for my body to really start healing.

8 comments:

Jess C. said...

I loved that video when I saw it a few months ago! I felt bad for the kids but I too know how it is! Once when I came home from the hospital I was very very emotional and I'd cry over the silliest things. I hope you are able to recover soon and that the kidney stones hold off for awhile!

Rosalia said...

Mike and I will have to compare notes.
When you got your wisdom teeth out, you became a different person:
* Flirting with the 70 year-old man in the elevator. He didn't know what to do.
*Dancing on the front lawn in a drunk kind of way.
*Wanting me to speed on the way home.
*Flirting and blowing kisses to drivers when we stopped at red lights.
*Non-stop talking. I thought you'd pull out the stitches in your mouth.

So, let's hear Mike's side of this story; could be interesting.

Holly said...

That video was hilarious!!! So sorry for all that you had to go through, but I'm glad it's over. Hopefully your recovery is going well and you'll be back to "normal" soon. Good luck!

Kirsten said...

i just watched it like 4 times and had a good laugh out loud in this internet cafe. loved it. thanks.

The Fox Family said...

i dont know why I have never seen this before but I was CRYING i was laughing so hard. Oh my gosh my stomach hurts. hah. But..I am so sorry about your kidney stones. I hope you are doing better! Asa is beautiful!!

JA and co. said...

Haha, that's hilarious! Wow, that definitely made my dad. You've now gone through the two most painful experiences you can reportedly have...labor and kidney stones. Hope you're feeling better!

David DeVore said...

This is David's dad. I saw your post from my blog and it made my day! I cant tell you how many times I have heard this about the video. It really makes this whole experience more fun.

Yes, we are selling tshirts and donating some of the proceeds to a dental charity. In fact, I was able to buy the first case of gloves (thats what they asked for) this week. Its not much but every bit helps.

Thanks again for the comments, I hope you are feeling much better. rememeber, This one LAST FOREVER!

D.A.D

Angel Kae said...

Hahahah, this video is so hilarious, I have been showing all my roommates and other random people who come to my house all day! The first thing i thought of when I read this post was the stories your mom told us about when you got your wisdom teeth out. I'm glad she re-capped them above :). Glad your kidney stones are out though!!