Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm a Stoner

That's right, I've joined an elite group of stoners. Kidney stoners that is. My dad and his dad are in the group and I almost feel privileged to be joining them. I only wish I was as tough as them.
As it turns out my body has produced some pretty good sized calcium stones and the big one (at least 8 mm) tried to take a slide to the nearest exit and got stuck. So later this week I'm going to have a quick out patient surgery to have it broken up and taken out. The doc is kind enough to take the others with him while he is in there.
Thanks to some prescription pain killers I really just have a mild back ache most of the time. Mike of course hasn't let me lift a finger and has kept me away from the car keys as well! I have had awesome friends in the ward taking care of me, driving me around, watching Annabelle - so far I have been on something of a "stay-cation". Seriously: personal drivers, live-in chef and house keeper, a part time nanny and the overall feeling of relaxation (yes, some of that feeling could be due to the drugs). Ha ha!
Anyway, life goes on. It will all be fine. Poor Asa won't be able to nurse for 5 days after the procedure due to some antibiotics that I will be on and I only have enough milk frozen for a day or two . . . so we've gotta introduce formula, hopefully he likes it because there isn't much of a choice!

12 comments:

Jessie's Jargon said...

Welcome to the club my friend!

alma and nicole smith said...

oo, sorry about that tia! that doesn't sound like any fun. hopefully those little buggers get out of you soon! we miss you.

The Spanns said...

oh no!! how dreadful! I am so, so sorry. hang in there -- only a few more days, right? yuck!!

Sara Lee said...

Oh I wish I was there to help out, any excuse to get my hands on Asa. Remember it will probably help if the formula is very warm. Good Luck. It is funny how many women experience this after child birth. You think they could find a link.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry Tia! Glad you're not in too much pain and that you have lots of help. Hope everything goes well, and I hope the formula goes well for Asa! I'm so sorry! Hang in there!

Meg said...

Oh Tia! I'm so sorry! That sucks. I had a big kidney stone my freshman year of college and had to have it broken up too. It's not fun. I hope everything goes well in the surgery for you!! :)

Ingunn said...

Welcome to the club Tia, you're one of us few and brave Stoners now :-)

Growing Up Skye said...

I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing. If there is anything else you need, PLEASE don't hesitate to call. We are free pretty much most of the time and love to help out! I hope the surgery goes well!

Jenn said...

Make sure you still pump while he's not nursing so you don't lose your milk if you want to keep nursing. eehhh I ache for you! Good luck with everything!!!!

Grampster said...

Hopefully you can go from being a stoner to a big time drinker! H20 anyhow :)
love,
Dad

Grampster said...

Hopefully you can go from being a stoner to a big time drinker! H20 anyhow :)
love,
Dad

Sue said...

Been there... done that! You'll feel like you got run over by a truck and have a huge bruise to prove it... but you will survive it.Good luck sweetie! See you soon.