Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Weeks



Our little Kai is two weeks old. The 2 week mark has been significant for me. After the first week Mike was back to work, but after the 2nd week Mike's parents went home. It is officially up to me to keep things going. I've had so much help with getting Annabelle off to school, keeping Asa entertained, the house tidy, the meals planned and errands run. I've been spoiled. Thank you!
I am feeling good. Pretty well recovered (don't tell my doctor but I started picking Asa up again). At my two week check he saw my incision and double checked my chart that I wasn't in for my 6-week check. I think his surgical ego got a boost as my 2 week old incision already looks like an old flattened scar. Hurray! He says that if the inside of my body has been healing as well as the outside of my body then I'm in great shape.

Kai makes the greatest little facial expressions in his sleep. I have no idea what a newborn dreams about, but it must be a riot. Look at this little stink face! Doesn't he look like he is just causing some mischief and loving it? If only we caught more of his smiles and expressions in photos, they are so fleeting.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ha ha! That stink face is wonderful!!

Growing Up Skye said...

That is so funny and so cute! I'm glad to see you back on your blog!

Jessi said...

Soooo precious! I think it looks like he has a little air coming out his rear... totally priceless and sweet!

Jess C. said...

His sleeping face is so funny! I noticed a newborn making similar faces at the airport pretty recently. Her eyes were rolling around and she kept making cute/funny facial expressions. I really wish I knew what she was dreaming about!