Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Home Improvements

Can you tell I've been knocking things off my 'To Do' list? Yes, catching up on blogging is one of them! I've had Mike home and off of work since Christmas Eve and have been taking full advantage. Last week we worked really hard getting ready for the baby and getting all the little things we've wanted/needed to do around the house DONE.
Priority #1 was to get ready for the baby! We unpacked the baby clothes (yes this is a little late at 38 weeks). Mike set up the cradle and we made this little nursery nook in our bedroom for him. Mike designed and made this cradle when I was pregnant with Annabelle. I love it and am glad to have it back from storage in Colorado and in our house to use with this baby! I know, it is beautiful - and will look even sweeter still with a sleeping babe in it.
Priority #2 was to get my craft room under control. One reason is because it also doubles as a guest bedroom which we need right now for Mike's parents who are here to help us while we have the baby and when I come home. The other reason is because having crafting supplies everywhere and no real easy way to get them in and out only leads to a disastrous looking room and more time searching for items than actually getting to use them! So Santa brought me shelves for Christmas and Mike created this space for me. I love it. I've already used it 2-3 times in the last week.
Priority #3 Get the toys organized! As many other moms probably feel after Christmas I felt like we needed to shift through the toys, decide where they were really going to belong and which ones the kids had simply outgrown. After all of that was done I thought it would be fun to label our existing toy bins. I cut these vinyl letters out and so far it has worked like a charm. The kids actually seem to be playing independently MORE often since they can find what they need . . . or maybe it is just all the fun toys they were spoiled with this Christmas!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I enjoy getting home projects done too. I like the idea of the labels on the toy bins. My favorite is the "cars and junk" awesome!

The Woods said...

Loving the vinyl, Tia! Where do you buy your vinyl? I want to attempt some things with my cricut but haven't yet. Thanks for inspiring me!